- Start standing about 3 or 4 feet from a wall, facing the wall.
- Place your hands on the wall, arms straight out from your shoulders with your index fingers pointing straight up at 12 o’clock.
- Press through the base of the index finger and the thumb.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart or wider, nearly the width of your mat.
- Draw the hips back and start to lower the head and torso.
If you feel a stretch here, then this is an excellent place to start.
- Gently draw your lower belly in and up, and practice deep, full breaths for 2-3 minutes in this position.
- If you don’t feel a stretch, step further back from the wall and move your hands lower.
- While you are in this position, wiggle your hips back and forth, try some gentle twists, move around and see what feels right.
Remember! If you feel pain while exercising, stop, and seek professional advice.