These exercises not only relieve you from back pain, but also help to reduce chances, but to fulfill them with any desire and with any level of physical fitness. Stuart M. McGill, the head of the Spine Biomechanics Laboratory at Waterloo University in Ontario, and his colleagues found three ideal exercises for the back. They have included in the work the muscles of the cortex and ensured the stability of the spine. But don't carry a heavy load.
Also, it could worth noting because if you really want to solve problems with your back, you need to consult a doctor who will exercise complex specifically for your case. Exercises given below are not universal medicine. Use them as a daily charge for prevention!
Exercise for Back Pain Number 1. "Hunting dog"
- Stand on all fours. The spine is in a neutral position (without deflections). Palms are located directly under the shoulders, and the knees rest on the floor clearly under the hips.
- Strain the abdominal muscles.
- Pull out one hand and lift it up until it is parallel to the floor. Then raise the straightened opposite leg to the position in which it will be parallel to the floor.
- Try to keep your head and back in one position while lifting your arm and leg.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds (if the pain has appeared, gently return to the starting position).
- Go back to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the other arm and leg.
This exercise works through most of the back muscles (including the muscle that straightens the spine, and the diamond-shaped muscle that comes from the spine in the direction of the scapula). As a bonus, you are also training the buttocks, which also play a role in strengthening the cortex.
The number of repetitions of this exercise you can perform depends on your physical shape and problems (or lack thereof) with your back. Braco advises performing 5 repetitions on each side with a 10-second rest between changing sides. Then perform 3 repetitions on each side and perform a single repetition of the exercises.
Seat Cushion Back Support Set
The Seat Cushion Back Support set is an irreplaceable pain relieve helper. If you are constantly having backaches throughout the long workday in the office or a car drive, this product is for you. It does not only relieve symptoms of different health problems but also helps to prevent injuries of your spine. The set is also suitable for wheelchair, plane, recliner, couch and stadium seats so you could feel comfortable wherever you go!
Exercise for Back Pain Number 2. "Sidebar"
- Lie on your side, emphasis on the forearm, the elbow rests on the floor clearly under the shoulder.
- Bend your knees.
- Raise yourself up with your hips so that your body forms a straight line to the knees.
- Hold this for 10 seconds and repeat the same on the other side.
More complex version: you do all the same, but straighten your knees.
The number of repetitions and approaches is the same as in the first exercise.
Exercise for Back Pain Number 3. "Modified twists up"
- Lie down on the floor, one leg bent at the knee and rests on the floor, the second is straightened. Hands put under the lower back with your hands down - they are between the back and the floor.
- Lift your head and shoulders slightly above the floor (just a few centimeters).
- Hold in this state for 10 seconds, and gently return to the starting position, head down to the floor.